Friday, July 31, 2009


It has been an amazing first week at Amazing Facts Center of Evangelism. We settled in the 23rd and 24th and enjoyed our first Sabbath here before orientation started Sunday. We are currently lodged in the Weimar Inn while they try to finish preparing our housing. Ethan will be glad to get into the housing. Being cooped up in a room with your parents all the time surely can't be a grand adventure. He has kept himself busy however.
The first week of classes has been focused on reconnecting with God in preparation for them lowering the boom of massive amounts of classwork to begin next week. We have had evening worship every night with a testimony from a different person each night.
If I could describe the first week in a couple of words, I would say Spiritual Gluttony. It has been like trying to drink from a fire hydrant. I had to go to my knees in prayer after our last class thursday and claim the promises of God that He would work through me as with Him all things are possible. For a moment I was just burdened with a sense of my own inadequacies. Once I prayed and claimed God's promises however, peace washed over me and I knew that everything would work for good and to His glory.
They say that when you leave AFCOE your life will have been changed forever, well,...it already has. The adventure continues to unfold and we just want to follow His will in our lives. He has led us here and we pray that wherever we go from here in 4 months that it will be where He has appointed.
We pray for each and everyone of our friends we are apart from. We know of at least one friend in the hospital after a terrible accident and wish we could be there to offer our support and encouragement to her and her husband. Though we are seperated by miles, I pray that our love is felt as if we were there. We miss you all and hope the best for each and everyone.
Galations 6:9 "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
Keep the faith, follow the adventure
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment