Saturday, August 8, 2009

Blessed Rest

A second full week of classes has past. This entire week has been Personal Evangelism training as they want to really prepare us for the door to door work to come in a couple of weeks. We actually got our feet wet in that this last wednesday. We were given maps with a specific area assignment and asked if we would go door to door asking people if they would like any yard work, cleaning or painting done for free as we are trying to make a list of things we can do to be good neighbors to the surrounding area. The scripture states "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", but I may now include the phrase "as long as I take dog treats". One house had dogs coming out of two different places. There were six total and each was followed by a larger, madder dog. We fended them off well enough to get back in the van and then a young man came out and corraled the dogs and talked to us, he didn't need any work done but thanked us for the offer.
We saw some houses that a neighbor down the road called "starter castles" and I kid you not, they were more castle than home.
Finances are very tight, we miss friends and family back home, and especially miss getting to see the newborn puppies (hoping to get pics sent from someone,...hint, hint). Though we miss everyone, I already would not trade this experience for the world. God has reaffirmed that this was where we needed to be and I can honestly say that after only two weeks, I know life will never be the same as it was. God has a call and purpose for each one of us, and my family and I intend to follow His call wherever it may lead us. If it is back home or far away, we know the Lord will not leave us or forsake us if we follow His will for our lives. We look forward to working for Him in whatever capacity and whatever manner He presents for us.
We get Fridays off as well as Sabbath, so that means back to work tomorrow. So I had better get some sleep.

Seek His face, follow His call, Live the adventure.
God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment